A professional writer publishes frequently, is read widely, and benefits from their work financially.
Write Like A Pro will teach you how to finally establish
a consistent writing practice, reach a wide audience,
and monetize your work in different ways.
Every failed writer has failed for the exact, same reason: they stopped writing.
With this course, that won't happen to you.
This program is perfect for frustrated writers, who really want to make writing their career, but somehow got stuck or even quit along the way.
It is optimized for non-fiction writing, but works for fiction too.
In Write Like A Pro, you will learn:
- The professional mindset with which some of today's most successful authors managed to continue in the face of rejection, sometimes for decades.
- How to use methods of behavior change to quickly build momentum and cement a regular writing habit.
- Why you need a deliberate writing practice, what that looks like, and how you can use it to let your work speak for itself (aka how to market yourself without marketing).
- What specific writing tactics must go in your toolbox, as you build your own arsenal of writing techniques.
- How to break into various, new writing platforms, like Quora and Medium, and reach a large audience within weeks, not years (without needing your own website).
- Why you don't have to write books, and how you can work your way to a full-time income when you monetize your writing in multiple ways.
...and a whole lot more!
If you want writing to be your career,
the only thing that matters is consistency.
When I first started writing, I didn't know what professional writers know: the only thing that matters is being consistent.
That's the "big secret" of writing. You have to find a way to sit down in your chair over, and over, and over again. That's it.
But amateurs don't know that. I didn't know that. And so I wasn't consistent.
I would have three great ideas and write about them three weeks in a row. Then, I'd hit a snag and not publish anything for a month.
It was only when I made a conscious effort at building a real writing habit that failure started to faze me less and less.
But when I think back to all my lowest points, my worst moments, the last thing I would have wanted to hear is "try harder." I honestly believe it would've made me quit.
Because here's another truth about writing:
If you've picked up a pen already, even just once, and loved it, consistency will come naturally once your frustrations wash away.
That's why you have to keep playing around with different things. Eventually, stuff will click into place. But to do that, you must find a practice that lets you enjoy the process itself.
This course is designed to help you develop that practice. It is two parts strategy and one part tactics.
I want to share all of my experiences, my frustrations, my highs and lows with you. All while giving you actionable marketing tactics, timeless writing techniques, and creative ways to financially benefit from your work.
These are the tight ropes and loose ends I wish I had to guide and inspire me way back when.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- The mindset to succeed in committing yourself to being a full-time writer.
- A system for writing regularly and publishing on a set schedule.
- A process to improve your writing, which will ensure you'll get better.
- A set of marketing tactics that work, without taking away from your craft.
- An exact plan for creating multiple income streams based on your writing.
- Dozens of new writing tricks and techniques up your sleeve.
- Digested 10,000+ hours of experience in this industry in just a few hours of your time.
...and an understanding of everything that separates amateur writers from the pros.
"Having gotten to know Nik over the last few months and learning his process, I can say without hesitation that if you want to learn how to turn your writing into a full time income - there is no one better to learn from.
Plus, the guy is cool."
- Michael Thompson, Top Writer on Medium with over 25,000 followers
"I have been thinking of pursuing a full-time writing career for quite a while, but never felt confident enough about what exact steps I needed to take. The Write Like A Pro course addresses all the main aspects of pursuing a writing career in the digital world: establishing a writing routine, editing and improving your own work, building an audience and making money from your writing.
It also opened my mind to some elements of writing I never paid much attention to, but finally understood their importance - for example, what actually makes a good headline or how to structure articles.
Since I enrolled in the course, I naturally started writing and publishing on a regular basis on Medium - and I am also beginning to see some money coming in. This is thanks to all the information I am learning and wanting to test in practice - but also because of the big doses of healthy motivation I feel each time I listen to Nik!"
- Marta Brzosko, Top Writer in Self-Improvement and featured in Better Humans, a publication with over 1,000,000 readers
Alright, so who are you?
What qualifies you to teach me?
Hi, my name is Nik. I'm a professional writer. After four years of struggling, failing, experimenting, and learning, I now earn a full-time income writing about whatever I want.
Every month, hundreds of thousands of people read my work.
They do so on places like Medium...
...through my book summaries on Four Minute Books...
...and even Quora, where I've amassed over 3 million views:
I started writing in 2014, but it was only once I got a consistent writing schedule going that I managed to build a name for myself.
Now, I make a living doing what I love. Here's how much I made from one of my several income sources, the Medium Partner Program, in just one month:
It's so cliché I almost hate to say it, but I'm not showing you these things to brag. I share these details to give you an idea of what's possible when you put in real blood, sweat, and tears.
I have 61,000 followers on Medium, 60,000 on Quora, and 50,000 email subscribers.
My work has been featured on Medium, Pocket, Lifehacker, Business Insider, CNBC, Thought Catalog, and many more reputable publications.
I've been a Top Writer on Quora for two years in a row.
Now, I want to share everything I've learned along the way with you.
My work has been featured on...
What you will learn inside Write Like A Pro
The main goal of Write Like A Pro is to help you establish a deliberate, consistent writing practice. We will start with small steps to help you write regularly, publish frequently, and continue to work on your craft.
To set the right context and quickly build further momentum, we'll also look at the career trajectory of a professional writer from a high level.
On top of that, I will share lots of actionable writing techniques. This way, you can immediately improve your writing, break into new platforms, and build an audience fast.
Finally, we'll also break down how to monetize your writing in many different ways. This way, you can find the income streams that work for you.
The course is designed as a reference course. There is a structure to it, but you can start wherever it makes most sense for you, depending on where you are in your writing career. You can go through everything at your own pace.
You'll also have immediate, lifetime access right away, including the community, future updates, bonus modules, etc.
Here's what you can get access to in the next 30 seconds:
Welcome - The Clean Slate
First, we'll define the core problems all writers face and learn what separates pros from amateurs. We'll establish a proper teacher-student relationship and show you how to best use this course.
You will learn:
- A fascinating thought experiment that shows we're all writers at heart
- How most teachers set up their students for failure before the course even starts
- Why the best courses don't force you to take them step-by-step
- Which 3 deaths all writers must die before they can become real pros
- How the professional writer manages to come out ahead of the pack
Module 1 - The Mindset Of A Pro
Learn how professionals approach not just their career, but their entire life. We'll dispel common writing myths, find proper motivation, and clear many roadblocks before you ever put pen to paper.
You will learn:
- Why the self-improvement movement only clouds most people's thinking
- What to do when everyone tells you you're wrong and your writing sucks
- Where you can find endless motivation to write
- Why professionals don't need to rely on ideas and inspiration
- How ideas actually form
- Which mental phases you'll go through as you transition from amateur to pro
Module 2 - Building A Consistent Practice
Learn how to quickly build momentum with a regular publishing routine. We'll break down the science of habits, use just the right tools, and build a content creation system that works effortlessly.
You will learn:
- Where you should start if you're just picking up writing again
- Which framework I used to help over 300 people change their habits
- The only two tools you need to succeed as a writer
- What coding principle helps the best writers ship relentlessly
- The simple spreadsheet you can use to plan a month of content in just one hour
- Which technique will easily give you 100 blog post ideas or more
Module 3 - Making Your Practice Deliberate
Learn how to actually improve as a writer. With lots of tactics and feedback mechanisms, we'll make sure you get better and better, until the quality of your work speaks for itself.
You will learn:
- Why the concept of deliberate practice is essential for all high performers
- Which kind of feedback you need for your writing to truly get better
- The one variable most bloggers miss
- How to break into the most relevant writing platforms, like Medium and Quora
- How to write content that actually ranks on Google
- What frameworks you can use to tell stories in compelling ways
- The single most valuable non-writing activity for all writers
Module 4 - Attracting An Audience
Learn how to kickstart your growth on all platforms with the art of subtle marketing. We'll debunk several promotion myths, expose time wasters, and focus on the actionable 80/20 of tactics that work.
You will learn:
- Why the #1 mistake tech startups make is a great habit for writers
- The big fat lie people have been telling you about email lists
- How to bake marketing into your writing and outgun any active promotion
- What the most important variable of succeeding on Medium and Quora is
- How to outrank the world's biggest sites with dead-simple SEO tweaks
- Why the greatest marketing tactic will also make you a better writer
- Which 5-minute promotion hacks are worth your time and effort
Module 5 - Making Money From Your Writing
Learn why modern-day professional writers don't rely on one source of income. We'll dissect the 4 types of professionals making the big bucks and how you can become one yourself.
You will learn:
- The two ways we pay for written words, and which is better
- How to start your path to becoming an author, freelancer, marketer or artist
- Advantages and disadvantages of the four types of earning writers
- The only thing you should base your writing income on
- How to live any writer's dream with the purest way to profit from your art
Here's a full overview:
StartLife Is A Single-Player Game (7:53)
StartYou Should Probably Quit (8:31)
StartThe 4 Kinds Of Writers (4:37)
StartThe Dip (8:22)
StartCommit To The Jump (8:17)
StartThe Motivation Café (7:52)
StartA Writer’s Two Wages (7:27)
StartThe Most Important Page Of Your Blog (7:19)
StartYou Can’t Patent Creativity (7:10)
StartWhat Picasso Really Meant (10:53)
PreviewHow Ideas Actually Form (8:27)
StartThe Wrollercoaster Of The Writing Mind (15:43)
StartThe Professional Mindset In A Nutshell (6:40)
StartWhat’s The Last Thing You Remember? (5:03)
StartDetention Is Wonderful (3:35)
StartNothing Else Matters (3:50)
PreviewThe Momentum Framework (6:00)
StartCounting What Counts (3:45)
StartHow To Use Coach.Me (9:58)
StartFalling To The Level Of Our Systems (7:25)
PreviewThe Only Useful Diagram From Programming Class (7:50)
StartHemingway's Well (4:19)
StartThe Gourmet Cook Test (5:48)
StartHow To Prevent Your Partner From Cheating On You (6:12)
StartBe Kind To Yourself (2:37)
StartLearning To Walk Tightrope (6:30)
StartThe 1-In-1-Out System [Intro] (4:51)
StartHow To Plan 30 Days Of Content In 1 Hour [Quora Edition - Beginner] (11:27)
StartHow To Plan 30 Days Of Content In 1 Hour [Medium Edition - Intermediate] (11:06)
StartHow To Plan 30 Days Of Content In 1 Hour [SEO Edition - Advanced] (14:39)
StartClickbaiting People Into Happiness (7:29)
StartHow To Refine Your Headlines With A Simple Tool (9:14)
StartThe Only Tool A Real Writer Needs (3:10)
StartIn A Perfect World... (2:45)
"I've had one Skype call with Nik and maybe 20 email chats and I'm not joking when I say my writing has improved by 50% - seriously!"
- Brian Pennie, recently published his first book with a major publisher in Ireland
"Before starting Nik’s Write Like A Pro course, I couldn’t see a path to take writing from hobby to paid pursuit. Through one of the slack communication channels Nik has created to talk to all students, I’ve found a paid freelance job that is stretching my writing skills and increasing my confidence. Nik’s videos are informative and entertaining. Write Like A Pro has been a solid investment in my growth."
- Gail Boenning, curates a weekly newsletter and has over 6,000 Medium followers
Get started now!
I personally guarantee your satisfaction with this course.
If you're not happy, I insist on giving your money back.
You have 14 days to try all my material, risk-free. If you're not learning, getting value, or for any other reason unsatisfied, I will refund 100% of your money.
Email: [email protected]om
This course is for you if:
- You've always dreamed about being a writer, but have never actually done anything about it;
- You've dabbled with publishing blog posts and enjoyed it, but could never quite build a consistent routine;
- You have a somewhat regular publishing routine, but just aren't seeing any meaningful growth in readership;
- You know how to write, but you've hit a plateau and can't seem to break through the next performance ceiling;
- You don't know how to monetize your writing to earn some extra cash, let alone a full-time income;
- You love writing and know it's the right career for you, but are stuck and frustrated.
This course isn't for you if:
- You don't want to become a professional writer and make money from writing in any way, shape, or form;
- You really only write into your journal for personal reflection;
- You don't like writing and would much rather avoid it altogether, both in your work and private life;
- You have no desire to ever publish a book, write a screenplay, or start a blog.
Frequently Asked Questions
It took me 6 years of 60-hour workweeks, thousands of wasted dollars, and LOTS of failure to learn how to write in a way that truly connects with people and makes money in the process.
For less than $500, Write Like A Pro will upload all this knowledge right into your brain. Learn in just a few hours what took me several YEARS.
You'll even get direct access to me, all the tools and templates you need, and tactics you've never seen before to help you write like a true pro.
"If you want to get serious about writing as a career or side project, I can’t recommend Niklas Göke and his new course highly enough."
- Nick Wignall, Top Writer on Medium with over 35,000 followers
"My biggest problems were consistency and fear to publish. Nik’s no-nonsense approach is exactly what I needed. Nik has a seemingly endless store of sound advice, insightful motivational tools and tried and true methods for a writer at any level. After going through the first module of his course, I felt like a professional writer every time I sat down in front of my keyboard.
I have 2 more modules to go, but my fear to publish is virtually non-existent. I now have an arsenal of tools at my disposal to help organize content, format, find and develop new ideas, and keep me on schedule. I’ve since been publishing regularly, and slowly but surely, getting more traction. Write Like a Pro has been a fun and fulfilling journey and I don’t want it to end!"
- Jim Farina, just landed a regular contributor gig at Four Minute Books